Cancelled after consideration

Cancelled after consideration

??? What has been cancelled? The greenhouse? Surely not gardening! I hope you don’t mean your visits and posts to this site. I’ve been gardening for more than 30 years and still have so much more to learn. Especially since my experience has been in Australia and gardening in these northern climes is rather different. It is comforting to know there is so much advice from those with that knowledge on this forum. And, in my opinion, English gardens and gardeners are, hands down, the best in the world. I hope to hear from you soon, mon ami jardinier.

Everything ok? With you and the garden?

Sorry to have caused any alarm.
It was only the post that was cancelled. Nothing else.
Greenhouse to arrive in about three weeks at latest bulletin.
Garden certainly not cancelled.
Thanks for the concern.
Learned a lesson that a combination of Lockdown Blues + a ‘session’ does not make for the most creative writing!
Every good wish to all.
Hoping to post some piccies soon.

1 Like

Ah! Texting after a sesh! Never good. It seemed strange to me that you had posted at 3.30 in the morning. It suggested late night agonies. I am pleased you are fine and back with us.
You said lockdown blues. Are things still bad in your area? Can you safely get out somewhere nice for a day? I really enjoyed being at home, no interruptions, very little traffic, postman and his bills only once a week. (There’s never anything to look forward to in the post anymore. No one sends letters. So it’s alway bills.) I resented having to have a permit to leave home to check on my mum (my dad died suddenly at the start of lockdown, as a result we couldn’t have a funeral for him), to check on my animals and for my monthly trip to the supermarket. But the rest of was lovely. I hope things get better for you.
Stay safe and keep on keeping on. :mask:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, dear Alli. In my relatively small town, our district has been (among a couple of others) as being high risk. I’ve scooted out to get more compost and the store had good procedures re Covid. Take Lockdown Blues + session + insomnia and things look different.
I have vowed to take the Mrs and the dogs out into the moorlands in the next 7 days - even if we remain cocooned in the car.
Thankfully , despite geriatric lack of energy, the garden is not neglected and I’m making progress.
The big issues currently are re-sowing to cover the winter period and also extending water catchment in uncertain weather. By the weekend I should have doubled my capacity.
Sincere condolences regarding your dad. That could not have been easy. Bless you. - and your mum.
We are getting into the harvest season and things in the garden are looking positive.
‘Keep the faith’, sister. image and don’t let it get you down.

1 Like

Phew! That’s a relief, you are ok then, good luck with the trip out we went out last week and it felt amazing but weird too, but even the view from the car will do you good, just something different to see. How near to Leicester are you?

1 Like

So sorry about your Dad, hope you find some peace and quiet in your garden…

1 Like

Dear Paul and Susie, thank you both. It has been very difficult. My Dad loved gardening, he was a source of permanent frustration in the veg patch. First sunny day after Christmas he would sow entire packets of seeds and have far too much, far too early, and have to buy more seeds later. I now have his gardening tools, apron and his favourite gardening shirt. He’ll always be with me.

2 Likes

We are privileged to be in a varied, beautiful and exciting county in the UK - the much-underestimated Staffordshire.I hope to get the Mrs and dogs into the airy moorlands before many days pass.
By the way - I can empathise with your paternal associations. Dad was a great gardener but I’ve never appreciated that side of him until we lost him. You only get one dad, however frustrating and they are irreplaceable.
Every good wish

1 Like

Thank you Paul. Enjoy your walk with Mrs L and the dogs. Stay safe.

Crumbs! You really had me worried there for a while. I haven’t been posting as my Beloved Husband died suddenly & unexpectedly but I have watching posts & trying to learn. Like AlliG I’m also in Oz & although it means our Seasons are back to front (after all, we’re upside to you Guys!), I do learn a lot from you. IMHO I believe British gardeners are the best in the world & I need to learn quickly as I’m doing everything by myself now. Hubbies vegie garden is a jungle & not producing but I’m hoping to turn all of that around in the next 12 months. Whew. Think I’ll go have a brew now to calm my nerves LOL

3 Likes

@Gypsy my sincerest condolences on the loss of your husband. I hope you have some family and friends around to support you. And you have us. I’m sure I speak for many of the members of the forum when I say that sympathy and a shoulder will be given to any of our fellows in need.
I was in Aus for many decades but in my mid 40’s made a massive tree-change and moved from suburban Melbourne to extremely rural central France. I wish I’d done it in my early 20’s. I love it here and have found the courage to be me.
Stay safe, Gypsy and take care. :heart:

2 Likes

I am a bit mortified.
I am beginning to realise that his forum isn’t exclusively just about gardening - it is a about PEOPLE!
Bless all of you gardeners - veterans or absolute beginners.
Just had some cheese and today’s first harvest of spring onions in some rather delicious sandwiches that her indoors declared they were absolutely delicious. It makes it all so worthwhile,
Soldier on, brothers and sisters/
You’re not farmers growing tons of the stuff
You are gardeners bringing healthy joy into your homes.
Dig for Victory in the any way you choose

1 Like

Yep! Fraid so that was the idea, people gardening to get through stuff together…Has done rather well hasn’t it?

1 Like

I think you may be dead right!

1 Like