Anyone for soup?

Have made a new raised bed and planned it to be full of ingredients for Spring Vegetable soup…https://www.growveg.com/garden-plans/1111015/anywhere/2020/spring-vegetable-soup/1111015

5 Likes

Looks tasty, northern Susie. I’m the ‘soup chef’ in our house and often use those tasty ingredients. Plus a few spuds to give the mix a bit of starch and thickening plus anything else that is near to its use-by date. I bit of a whizz with the hand blender leaving some veg to show it’s identity. Can’t beat it!
Never had any complaints from her indoors and you get your ‘5-a-day’ - no problem.
A bed worth sowing and planting.
Easter blessings to you and yours - Paul

1 Like

Dear Susie - I have to ask, dear Internet friend, if you are a GrowVeg employee. There are so many may brilliant sites out there but the ONLY ones you recommend are GrowVeg which may be very good indeed and useful but are not exclusively the best advice. I’m sure that I’ve not got it right but please reassure. Best Easter wishes - Paul;

I am indeed and the reason I put our stuff out is because I am familiar with it and when managing so much I know what is there. But if you search our facebook or any of other social media stuff you will see that I put lots of things out by many other people depending upon the topic. I have also been a member of the RHS for over 30 years, follow Permaculture magazine, buy Kitchen garden magazine and put out a lot from Mother Earth News, and the Old Farmers Almanac, both sites which I love too. Depends on the topic, for any pests and diseases for example I always defer to the RHS.

1 Like

It wasn’t a put-down, Susie - I was just curious. I am a true fan of GrowVeg and of their current presenter who has a really easy manner to listen to and learn from. Every good Easter wish

1 Like

Phew! I thought you might have left, we all decided we had to do something to help against the crisis and so we came up with this. We particularly did not host it with growveg because we didn’t want to just have it as ours, we wanted all gardeners to join in and help, instead of just self sufficiency (like in the war) we wanted more of a gardening against mental illness and insecurity area. When at last this has finished, I hope that this will be a place that new gardeners and people needing help will come to for advice facing mental trials. Gardening for mental health and wellbeing has been one of our main themes for years.

3 Likes

Got the message, dear one - keep up the good work - I’m absolutely with you!

1 Like

This is a wonderful, wonderful idea! … and it looks like it’s going to make delicious soup!! :yum:

1 Like